Friday, February 01, 2008

2 weeks!

I can't believe it's been that long since I updated here, phew....

Things have been a bit manic, as well as the normal busyness I had the news that my Grandma's had a stroke and is poorly in Hospital. I've managed to wangle things around and I'm going down next week to see her and Grampy (who wants to know how to cook scrambled eggs!). So cardmaking has been right off the agenda apart from a couple of get well soon cards for Grandma, the first one didn't make it to the first hospital before she was transferred to the second. There should be photo's of them...er...somewhere...

Thanks for the lovely You cheer me up awards :) You cheered me right up! I'll return them when I actually have time to get some reading done... hmm now is it worth taking my laptop down south in case I can get a signal from somewhere...

Due to getting up mega early this morning I managed to do this weeks dare. I had to see if there was snow as soon as I opened my eyes... but no, again the weather people have been winding me up and there'll be no sledging today (sigh)

Here's my card
Stamps by Doodlebug & Duo Designs, Sizzix tag, K&Co Paper ribbon, brad, ribbon and button from stash, and finally gorgeous Pink Petticoat paper, from Lola Rose Rainbow collection.

Hope I'm back before another 2 weeks!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous. Lovely card.

Judy said...

What a delightful card, I just love that paper!
Hope you got the snow you wanted!
Judy NZ

Gina said...

Love your card, yummy paper and white ribbon! So sorry to read about your Grandmother, wishing her a speedy recovery. :O)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Rhi. Hope your Grandma is better soon and you get some snow too!!

Vanessa.

Dolly Mixtures said...

Love that paper - it has a lovely hand stamped look. The flower is great too.

Rainbow Lady said...

Fabulous card I just love the bright colours.
Love Cynthia x

Cowchipper said...

hiya... checking out your blog, I really like your cards. Please take a minute to visit a friends blog at mccplg.blogspot.com and tell her cowchipper sent ya!, Keep up the beautiful work. Cowchipper (aka April)