Saturday, March 01, 2008

I am Woman

What a hectic week... New job, new car, and loads of other stuff to be done too. All which has left no time for blogging any of it! We ended up getting a Citroen C2 from a local garage 18 months old and super cute, we went to see a few second hand cars and met some colourful individuals that gave us no faith in the cars they were selling, so after a few test drives in Dundee from pushy salesmen the lovely local Citroen dealership got our business instead. I'll take a pic of her soon, she's so very new and all the inside lights and stuff work which is a totally new experience for me :) I may become a petrolhead!

On to cardmaking, this weeks dare was set by Lythan, I am Woman, to celebrate Women and Girls. Now I've had this paperartsy stamp of a woman for years and years and never used it. It came on a plate with the sewing pattern background which I used for the background and I love so I challenged myself to use the woman too. She does look a bit grumpy I have to say but there you , we all have off days!


Other bits and bobs used : K&Co Bailey Papers, Sassafras lass bracket stamps, Watercolour Pencils, Papermania brads, Teeny buttons, Lace from a haberdashers nears where my grandparents live and BG notch tool to make the scallops.

8 comments:

Angelnorth said...

I'd say stern or austere rather than grumpy! Bless her, she probably had a tough life! I think the card looks great Rhi - love the sewing notions with the BG stamp - fab!

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely nice. Love the design on it. Great work.

Gina said...

I think she has a great prescence!
Love the lace, it's very effective and the scallop edging!
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too.. your new car sounds so exciting! Gina :O)

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Gorgeous Rhi i love the colours.

Andrea xx

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours and the buttons and lace

Jo said...

such a cool card and I love her grumpiness :)

fab you found a new card. second hand dealers always seem to be dodgy lol!

jo x

Kathy said...

Well she ma look grumpy but she's made for a lovely card here. I like the mix of sepia tones with the pretty pink

Rika said...

This is beautiful!!