Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A stitch in time

I made these last night in front of the telly. How funny was Russel Brand on Have I Got News For You! I used to think he was a bit of a plonker but he made me laugh last night so he's gone up in my estimations. It's so cold here this morning, theres a really thick layer of frost on everything and the birds are going mad for their food. I wish I could get a good pic but whenever I take the camera near the window they all fly off, clever little things, maybe they're shy. The decorations are really simple. Die cut felt in the sizzix and blanket stitch the edges sewing in a bit of ribbon as a hanger. I had plans to sew on buttons but I actually quite like them plain, and they'll go perfectly with our traditional red and gold tree.

2 days til the mag I'm in comes out! So exciting!

6 comments:

Laura said...

oh wow, they are GORGEOUS!!! I can't do such beautiful stitching.. I'd better learn! :)

Anonymous said...

They're fab!! They'll go lovely on my tree too!! LOL.
Vanessa.:)

Anne said...

Love the stars! Would be getting my star die out, if the tree didn't already suffer from severe overcrowding (children...).
Felt exactly the same way about Russell Brand last night - he is actually quite funny!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous stars.
I too thought Russell was funny & he was on the Royal Variety Performance too. I used to think he was a bit "jumped up" but I laugh at his "I'm very thick" voice

Oblibby said...

OMG they are amazing Rhi. I really wish I could remember how to sew as they'd look great on my tree.

Perhaps you could give me a lesson -flutter-

Lisa xoxo

Gillian said...

Oh Yummy!!!
these are gorgeous Rhi :)