Thursday, September 28, 2006

Exciting news and I've been Tagged

My exciting news is........................ Ive got an interview for the job I applied for! Whoohooo! Im dead chuffed, and fairly nervous already but its good to know Ive got this far. Of course I want the job but Im going to try not to set my sights too high just for the moment. And of course I need to interview them to see if theyre the kind of place I want to work too ; ) Its not for ages yet but I'm sure I'll keep you up to date on my nervousness-ometer!

Ok so its not earth shatteringly exciting like winning the lottery or finding those beautiful papers you forgot you bought, but its big for me so Im going to shout about it.


Ive been pondering these questions from Maggie...

1. Which famous person would you most like to know you descended from?

I think I'd like to be descended from Charles Rennie Mackintosh or William Morris. Both were inspirational designers and craftspeople and it'd be nice to know I got some crafty genes from someone who inspires me with work that still looks fresh today

2. Which famous person would you hate to learn you are descended from?

Saffa's already said George W Bush and I have to agree, that would be awful

3. If you could be an ancestor to any famous living person who would it be and why?

Phillipe Stark. It'd be great if he was my uncle and I could pop round and see his studio and the projects he's working on and chat about it. Maybe some of his product design flair would rub off on me, or at least I could get some of his furniture as a freebie!

4. If you could go back in time and meet any known ancestor who would it be and why?

It would have to be my Great Grandad, My dad's mum's dad, who lived in Aberdeen. I'd like to see what living in a place I lived for years was like more than 100 years ago

5. Tag 5 others
Bondgirl
Jo
Rachel B
Lucylou
Debs

5 comments:

maggie said...

Thats great news about the job interview Rhi im sure you will get the job.Fingers crossed for you

Jane said...

ooooh I didn't know you had a blog Rhi ! I've just discovered it ! how exciting. Great news on the interview. well done

Kathy said...

Great news about the interview. Good idea about YOU interviewing THEM - what a good way to think about it, might help you with answering that "Now, is there anything you'd like to ask us?" question.

Saffa said...

OOh NEW BLOG TO READ!! Didnt know you had one Rhi!

Great news on the interview!!

xxSaffa

Kelly K said...

Congratulations on the interview!! Knock 'em dead lady!