Saturday, November 24, 2007

Card Designer of the Year 2007

I entered this competition earlier in the month and was gobsmaked to come home to a big parcel on friday, Matt just thought I'd been ordering stuff but it was out of the blue for me. So I opened it and I'm a runner up! How exciting is that! Its a comp Practical Publishing do every year and I just thought I'd give it a go. I got a huge box of stuff, lots of it I wouldn't have bought myself but variety is definitely the spice of life!

I've been bouncing off the ceiling for most of the weekend, I'm just so chuffed, and I'm so glad I gave it a go. If you're thinking about entering something go for it, if you don't try you won't know! Here's my prize, and apparently theres books to come too!I have been doing some cardmaking too, but quite frankly I'm finding it hard to stay still right now, it took me ages to get this pic as they were all wobbly. Now I must go as I'm off to see my pal Nic who's doing a craft fair, and I was going to see her yesterday but something came up.

Very big grins here, hope you all have a good weekend :D

14 comments:

Kathy said...

oh wow look at all that stash!

Huge congrats Rhi and so well deserved, your cards are always beautiful and your attention to detail second to none.

I've got the Greetings card factory program - I don't use it very often, but it is really handy to have - great for getting interesting font effects if you're not very good at word art etc!

Kate said...

Oh Rhi big congrats, you SO deserve it and I'm not a bit surprised.Well done!!!

Hazel said...

Congratulations, Rhi - so well deserved!

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Well done, absolutely brilliant! Can we see what you entered? LOL Lynn xx

Marlou McAlees said...

WOW!!! Rhi, im delighted for you, well done!!!! enjoy your prize, whenever you have stopped bouncing {lol} :) xxx

Dollydimps said...

I can only echo what the others have said, HUGE congratulations to you on your prize, and yes, very well deserved it is too!
(And a tongue in cheek :P to Matt for thinking you'd been ordering stash! As if....;))
Thanks so much for coming to see me today-you're a fab friend xxx

Keryn Campbell said...

Yummy stash Rhi. Congratulations. So well deserved of course.

Anonymous said...

WOW, well done and congratulatons.:) And love the cards too.

Vanessa.

Oblibby said...

Congratulations Rhi, you lucky monkey you. Well deserved though.

Can't wait to see what you do with it all.

Lisa xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised after seeing your cards! They are glorious ~ beautiful designs and colours! [Found you via Daring Cardmakers link on Mel Goodsell's blog] Will be back. :O)

Anonymous said...

Well Done Rhi, Enjoy your prize:)

My Paper World said...

Congratulations!!! and your new stash looks fabulous!

simplyfairies said...

Well done you.......

Anne said...

Oh Rhi, that's fantastic news for you!! Congratulations! What an absolute thrill! And look at all your stash!!!! OMG, you're going to be a very busy lady! Have fun, enjoy your prize - I just had a scoot around your blog for the first time and I can how well deserved it is!