Friday, November 23, 2007

Sing a song of sixpence...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with cold toes. I had to de-ice the car at 5 O'Clock yesterday evening to go to work. It was a shock that it frosted up so quickly after dark. I hope I can manage to get some good photos of ice and frost, I love the patterns it makes.

It's Lythan's turn to dare us all this week and shes got us singing! Yep, the dare is to make a card inspired by a song without using the words on it. Sheesh! It's had me scratching my head for ages but I do love a good challenge. I used Figgy Pudding papers and not much else.... Can you tell what it is yet? (Done in my best Rolf Harris voice)



Here's another Christmas card too, using last years DCWV Christmas pads and a 2peas dingbat font. I coloured it with a mixture of watercolours and pretend H2O's, a shimmery paint set from The Works. £2.99....bargain!

Now if you haven't guessed the Dare song yet.... O Christmas tree! I'm so looking forward to seeing the entries for this one!

16 comments:

Hazel said...

Yay!! I guessed right! Smashing cards, Rhi.

Lythan said...

the o's are amazing on the trees and your Santa is so, so cute!

SueH said...

I couldn't work out what they were round the tops of your trees but thanks to Lythan it all makes sense now.
Great cards and that little Santa is so cute.

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous Rhi!!! "come bring us some figgy pudding" am i right?? {lol} great work as always :) x

My Paper World said...

Very fun! great cards!

Rika said...

These are great, my fav is the first one O Tannenbaum...

Anonymous said...

lovely cards :)

Gillian said...

Rhi your 'O Christmas Tree' card is So Beautiful! the 'O's' look so Fabby on top of the trees. Great Design!
and How Adorable is that little Santa...love it! :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards ,i love this weeks challenge one it is out of this world ,love t ,Dawnx

Sheila said...

Rhi.....I just love the colours you used......stunning!!!

Deb said...

I got the Oh Christmas Tree straight away, the card is gorgeous! It was such a fun dare but not easy to come up with something, the way a dare should be!

Andrea, said...

Fab cards, I love the Santa one its such a fun image

Kathy said...

This was such a clever idea.
Like you Lythan's dare had me doing some head-scratching and it was hubby who came up with the idea for mine in the end!

Unknown said...

Well done on the songs! Lovely cards. Lol xx

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Lovely cards Rhi and well done on winning those lovely crafty goodies.

Andrea x

Keryn Campbell said...

Both cards are gorgeous Rhi.