Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mini Book I can share!





I made this yesterday for my Grandma and Grampy's Christmas, luckily they don't do computers so I can share it safely knowing it'll stay a surprise for them. Its my first attempt at anything like this so I kept it simple but I'm quietly pleased with how it turned out. I made it so it can be hung up as a merry christmas decoration too. They stay down near Bath and don't travel much anymore so they havent seen our cats or where we live, the snowy photos are out the front and back of the house last february when we had tons of snow, hopefully they'll like seeing the pics. I just need to make a tag, trim the ribbons when I finally wrap it up and I'm done!

Now just a million other things to do today, lol!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

awww it's beautiful Rhi - and what a lovely idea to share your life with them in this way - they must miss being able to see it for themselves so much.

I bet they're going to be pleased to have this gift

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Lovely!!!!

Bety.

Anonymous said...

Rhi, I'm sure your grandparents will love this, makes it more special that you have made it yourself. I'd love to have a go at one of these, you've inspired me.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a lovely gift! I had seen smaller versions of photo-card-letters but had not thought of putting a message on the back like this - it looks wonderful! (another friend suggested journalling on the back os the photo-card-letter but I like the Christmas message you made, for this time of year) Trust your grandparents will have a truly wonderful Christmas.

Gillian said...

Rhi what a thoughtful grand-daughter you are, I'm sure it will be the highlight of their Christmas knowing that you have thought of them and made this treasure for them.. It's lovely..

Pearl said...

What a great mini book project ! I'm sure your grandparents will love it !