Friday, December 15, 2006

Whats Black and White and Red all over?

A sunburnt penguin!
Black and white Christmas cards, maybe with a splash of colour! A nice easy not too challenging dare to get us through these busy weeks, heres what I came up with...
A simple stamped card using Royal and Langernickel clear snowflake stamps, Purple Onion background text stamp, a do crafts snowflake punch and a circle punch.

This one's done with the cute Bosscuts snowman. Snowflakes and sniny bits are done with a glaze gelly roll pen. I hope you're inspired, and if you have a few more Chiristmas cards to get made and sent then this is your chance. The design team has produced an amazing selection of cards.

Only 3 days til my Birthday and some rather interesting brown boxes have been arriving by courier. I gave them a quick once over and I know what I hope might be inside... They've now been hidden away from my grubby paws!

The only other thing to report is that last night I started the mamoth task of tidying my craft room. It was getting ridiculous with barely a path to my seat from the door for stuff, and of course every surface covered. Digging down through the layers was a bit like archeology, and there were random bits for a good few dares ago at the very bottom. I found some things I'd mislaid too which is always good. Today Im going to hoover and dust while I can see carpet and surfaces and then make some new mess.

There's a lot of nasty bugs going round right now, big hugs to everyone who's feling poorly and get well soon.

11 comments:

Lynne said...

What is black & white and red all over?

A newspaper (read)............ whawhawha!!!!

Lovely cards Rhi.x Hope I get a chance to play this week. :)

Pearl said...

I love these cards ! Very inspiring indeed ! I havent done anything with snowflakes yet this year...

Kathy said...

Lovely cards. though not actually sure what a pengun is.......sounds a bit dangerous to me. As does all this cleaning/hoovering/dusting stuff

Jo said...

gosh cleaning up crafty areas sounds well scary! Hope you are all finished now (and not too traumatised lol) Beautiful cards (as usual :)) That snowman is so cute and I love the snowflakes...

jo xx(still in awe of anyone who can stamp!)

Gillian said...

I'm so impressed with both of your gorgeous cards Rhi.. they are stunning.. I love that snowflake one.. Beautiful.. and the little snowman is too cute..
Oh dear I need a packed lunch to clean my space too..LOL..

Kelly K said...

Gorgeous cards Rhi - I love the snowman - he's cute! I'd dying to know what's in the boxes...

Kathy said...

ooooh sneaky, you've been doing a bit of tippexing!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful cards, I love the snowflakes. It is the meaning of xmas.

Joanne Bain said...

Beautiful cards...love the black and white.

Best Wishes
Joanne

Rhi said...

lol Kathy, yes I tippexed PENGUN and put PENGUIN in! I don't want everyone to know about my mid morning sherry drinking *wink*

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

How gorgeous are these?? WHo would have thought you could make Christmas cards with B&W and a splash of colour? They turn out so elegant! Yours are just so cute!