Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's fixed... and Little Extra

Yep the cars fixed, phew. I did get patronised by a Kwik Fit Manager though, when I questioned his price. I'd found a place who quoted £50 less for the same thing and he gave me a good talking down to about questioning him. After which he said he'd price match ATS but after him talking to me like I was an imbecile I decided to wait and go elsewhere.

Worth shopping about when it comes to car stuff, the patronising mechanics give them all a bad name and they're not all like that.

Anyhooo, I'm back on the road! A couple of lovely deliveries today, Ribbon from Ribbon Oasis... drool and some gorgeous Gel-a-tins stamps, buttons and brackets, you can never have enough of either in my opinion.

Today's Daring Cardmakers Little Extra is Post Haste, to use a REAL postage stamp on a card. Luckily I collect stamps for the RSPB (its a freepost address to send them off), so I raided my envelope and found a few beauties, including this really pretty German stamp.


The colours inspired the whole card, Dovecraft and DCWV papers, Ribbon Oasis ribbon, (yep used some already!) , Sassafrass Lass and Doodlebug stamps.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I am LOVING the card Rhi!! The colours are lovely together. I'm glad the car is fixed! xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Thrilled to read you save your stamps for the RSPB, I am a member & they also get my used ink cartridges.

Gorgeous stamp, nicely showcased on this fab card. Love that paper.

Marlou McAlees said...

this is gorgeous!!! very trendy card :) must check out those shoes you mentioned, thanks :) xx

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, this is such a fun challenge.

Rachel said...

Glad you are sorted on the car front - just don't get me on patronising anyone never mind car mechanics - oh I am such a stroppy mare!!! lol

Fabby card as usual - such a lovely style.

Rachel

Ying Pang, said...

It's lovely card, Rhi! Well done !

Andrea, said...

Great card, that is such a pretty stamp and the colours you have used compliment it perfectly

Risa said...

Your card is fantastic Rhi! I love the color and the tiny stamp is very cute.
Malieta:)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Very trendy yet beautiful,love the colour combo ,Dawnx

Deb said...

beautiful card, oooh lovely 2 deliveries in one day!

maggieb said...

Great card Rhi I'm glad you got your wee car sorted.We have a mechanic in the family (Well nearly)It's Blair lesley's fiance.He has just got debbie her first wee car & is getting it done up for her & putting it through it's MOT.So she can drive it when we come home from Florida.