Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday monday

Didn't it get dark early this evening, I don't know why it came as a shock but it always does. Ahh well, not long til spring and plenty of crafting time meanwhile. Here's a couple of things I made over the weekend, both for Just Bex challenges and using scrummy Pink Petticoat papers. First a swing card, I just love these papers, so funky.

Next I turned this box...
Into this! Much prettier. I can't say Im a huge fan of altered stuff as practical storage, in my experience things decorated with blooms and ribbon seem to fall apart very quickly in my craft room. Maybe I expect too much from my storage lol. Still, these washing tablet boxes have a fab click shut action cause of the cardboard tabs inside so I reckon I will actually use this, probably to take bits and pieces to classes.

See you tomorrow for a fab Little Extra challenge from the Daring Cardmakers!

8 comments:

Nick said...

Gorgeous card and box Rhi-you've just made me give into temptation and spend a fortune in Pink Petticoats!
Thats the trouble with shoping after midnight-caution goes out of the window hehehe

Unknown said...

What a wonderful box!! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Well us rural Scottish dwellers have to stick together!! Everyone has made me so welcome. LOL

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love your box, great re-use idea!

Clare said...

Great use of an empty box - I bet it smells like fresh laundry inside as well which is a bonus! Love the card made with the PP papers, I must try and use mine more often...

Dawn Wheeler said...

Cleaver you they look so fab and funky ,Dawnx

Kathy said...

Great card, and a gorgeous bos - what are those papers Rhi, are they PP too?

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi Rhi, this box is just stunning!!! i have loadsa pink petticoat papers, can you recommend a good printer paper to print them on?? yours looks great quality :) and love the card too xx

Kaz said...

Wow that box is amazing! Who'd have thought something so mundane could turn out so scrummy!