Friday, October 05, 2007

Postcard Pandemonium!

Jane's dare this week is to make a postcard... and actually post it! I decided the only way I was going to be sure to keep all the bis stuck on through the post was to use a laminator, so I went shopping!

After a few tests I realised the plastic was strong enough to support quite delicate edges so I didn't have to stick to a plain rectangle... yippee!

I used Fiskars Scallop scissors, CropODile for the holes, K&Co Paper, Gelatins, Autumn Leaves & Doodlebug stamps and doodling.

The back is stamped too...

Im going to use a CD pen to write on it, I tested it and it's permanent so it won't wipe off in the post bag!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Great card Rhi - and an opportunity/excuse for crafty shopping too!

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning!!! i love it!!! :) x

Lythan said...

this is the most fantabulous card. What a great and inspired idea!

Saffa said...

Hehe coooool card hun! Love it its so fresh and funky! Will the stamp stick to the plastic?

xxSaffa

Deb said...

How gorgeous! What a great idea to laminate it too, I didnt realise it was there at first. Love the stamping on the back too!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Great idea ,looks realy great,Dawnx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very impressive, gorgeous colours & just totally fabalicious!

Andrea, said...

Fab postcard and yummy colours

Sarah said...

Rhi you are sooo clever! Very original idea.

Hazel said...

Absolutely brilliant idea - superb result!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Hi i love what you do and would like to know more about you so i hope you dont mind i have tagged you ! the detail will be on my blog later Dawnx