Friday, March 16, 2007

How Random!

The wonderful Kel has set a fantastic Card Dare this week, to pick a random bunch of materials and supplies and make a card with only those! Here's my list of 20 what I thought were safe things and the ones that came out were...

  1. Ribbons
  2. Fibres
  3. Text stamp
  4. Image stamp
  5. Hinges
  6. Eyelets
  7. Brads
  8. Printed Paper
  9. Tags
  10. Ephemera
  11. Charms
  12. Buttons
  13. Clips
  14. Punches
  15. Dies
  16. Handmade type paper
  17. Vellum
  18. Blooms/ Paper Flowers
  19. Beads
  20. Chipboard
This was a really tough selection for me, I really missed patterned paper, inking, stamps and just the chance to pick up that final thing to finish it off, but it did come together in the end and I only used my 4 items. I was so tempted to cheat and ink my chipboard but I'm glad I didn't now because it looks good white. The spotty ribbons are from Little Silver Hat, Cherry Art chipboard Alphabet is from Little Cottage Crafts and eyelets from goodness knows where as Ive had them for years. The little tags are a sizzix die cut.

Its great to stretch the boundaries of what I normally do, and being limited by materials was a real challenge. The design team has some fantastic examples on the Daring Cardmakers Blog have a look, and once you're inspired, share your designs with us.

Enjoy your random selection!

Rhi x

10 comments:

Kathy said...

This is lovely Rhi - I really really like the crisp blue and white theme, it works so well.
I wish I'd got tags insteaad of feathers!

Lynne said...

Lovely card Rhi.

Sam said...

Love the bright freshness to this, very pretty...gorgeous ribbon too ;o)

~ Sam

Sarah said...

Love the simplicity of this card Rhi. Very nice.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This one turned out so well, Rhi. I like the balance you achieved with it and of course, blue and white is always a favourite of mine. Very creative of you!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

your blog won't let me see the pic but I saw it on DCM blog & it is so pretty & soft.

Jayrewcraft said...

Like Paula I can't seem to see your pictures, so popped over to the DCM website.
It's a lovely effective card.
Well done!
Jayne xx

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Lovely card Rhi.

Andrea xx

Sheila said...

The colours do it for me too...so crisp and fresh.......love it.

Gillian said...

Rhi I've come back to comment as before the picy's weren't here, I so love your 'random' card.. so stylish!.. you always know how to make the most classicly beautiful cards! even when your supplies are limited!!