Friday, March 30, 2007

Strictly Monochrome

Sorry about the lack of updates, we've had friends staying so its been mega busy here. Its our friends from france that I've done the invites for and I'm glad to say they love them even more seeing them all ready to go, phew! Plus we went and stocked up on uk stamps for them because the price is going up again on monday! Grrr!

Lythan was in super strict mode when she set this fantastic dare. You can do ANYTHING you like on a card BUT you can only use one colour!

This was quite scary at first but as soon as I got some things out in colour groups I had great fun. Birthday in Browns uses Dunhelm bloomers, a fabby gift from Nic, an Anna Griffin stamp for the border under the brown grosgrain, wooden button which has been in my button box forever, Rhonna farrer Swirl stamps on handmade tissue paper and Happy Birthday Hampton Stamps.

Next I decided to go girly pink! Blooms from Sarah's Cards and LCC, papermainia brads, magenta grosgrain, rob and bob paper and a Thanks sizzlits die cut

There is such a fantastic rainbow of cards on the Daring Card Makers blog. We've been reminiscing about Rainbow and I've been singing the theme tune all week, love it!

Happy cardmaking, I can't wait to see all the reader contributions for this one!

17 comments:

Lythan said...

Love the cards Rhi and I'm so glad your friends like their invites! those swirl stamps are deffo on my want list now!

Allison Rankin said...

These are both super! Love every bit of them!

Hazel said...

Great cards, Rhi - saw them on the Daring site and just had to come and see what you said on your blog.

Kate said...

Wow really love those cards Rhi and I think I will have to get some of those stamps, you've really gotten your money's worth out of them. Love both the cards, absolutly adore browns and the pink is so cute. Might have to scraplift these ;-)

Jayrewcraft said...

They are both super cards.
The brown one reminds me of chocolate - must be good!
Just spotted the door hangers too - they are gorgeous, I want some!!!
Jayne xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

These are both gorgeous Rhi - I do love your style. I particularly like the brown card - I am always drawn to the Autumnal palette of colours.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards, both of them!!
I was quite poorly yesterday with a migraine & only logged on long enought o get the design brief. Never looked at the cards.
Made one that went wrong (posted on blog anyway) then made a second.
Can't believe it is almost identical to your brown one!!!!!
I just love brown & couldn't get my hands on any blooms until last week.

Sarah said...

Rhi, both of these cards are lovely. Especially like the brown one.

Sheila said...

Gorgeous cards Rhi.
I think I need those swirl stamps.
Sheila
xx

gaby braun said...

This cards are lovely, specially the brown one.
gaby

Godelieve said...

Absolutely stunning cards! Love the brown one especilly!

Gillian said...

Rhi your cards are just Gorgeous!.. always so perfectly balanced and stylish.. probably sound like a broken record.. but that's what I love so much about your cards...

Vintage Papers said...

Rhi
your cards are simply beautiful! so pretty and love the details!
I see you are a Scottish Lassie ;)
I have family in Ayr! beautiful work!

Flower said...

I can't get over how fablous the brown card is. How well it flows. You made the dare look effortless!
Not to neglect the pink cutie..cause she is one.

Anonymous said...

Wow... I adore the brown card... it's stunning. I usually prefer pink but I can't take my eyes off the brown one...

Kathy said...

Both of these are gorgeous - but especially that beautiful brown one, it's all sort of lush and frothy - just like a big cup of cappuccion!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow lovely cards rhi what beautiful flowers.

Andrea xx